grouper-users - [grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:35:35 -0400

We are new to both Grouper as our group store and Canvas as our new LMS... now I know Canvas as been gaining considerable steam in the I2 community, and while I can't name names, I'm certain there are some long time Grouper schools that have adopted Canvas and are sending course information from Grouper into Canvas. if you are one those, what is the approach you are using? and if you had to do it again today, is there a general approach thats starting to emerge as favorable for Canvas/Grouper integration?

I've heard a lot of muffled conversations about this topic discussed at different times going way back, but can't recall any specifics/consensus, just a recollection that many were customized, make-it-work scenarios unique to their school. so I thought I'd ask since I would imagine there's broad interest here and we have enough people making it work somehow... what does the approach look like to push course groups (once they exist) out of Grouper and into Canvas (being that Canvas expects RESTful API calls to be made against it)

Thanks
-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management