grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Integration with Commercial Products

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Integration with Commercial Products

  • From: "Edwards, Kevin" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Integration with Commercial Products
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 15:58:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I’m a new-comer to the list.  I’m curious others experiences with integrating Grouper into an enterprise IAM framework.

Are you using Grouper as an alternative to commercial IAM products, or is Grouper one component of an integrated IAM solution utilizing other commercial/open source/in-house developed components?

At UNC Charlotte, we have embarked on a multi-year effort to replace 35+ years of home-grown utilities, community knowledge, and human intervention with a commercial product for improved IAM business practice automation.  As we get deeper into the project, it appears that the group management features of Grouper are more robust than what the commercial product currently supports.  Integration between the two might be the best option.  The Grouper architecture diagrams show that integration with a separate Identity Management system is part of the overall scope, but I’m not finding specific references where Grouper users have actually undertaken that, and I am curious your experiences doing that.

Thanks in advance - Kevin

Kevin Edwards

Chief Technology Officer