grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] general approach to integrating with Canvas
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 14:11:00 -0400

I think a *great* conversation to have at TechX would be to seek consensus on a standard msg format, and a process for creating and maintaining a library of these listeners.

I heard the product Ellucian offers to integrate with Canvas speaks an xml format from IMS Global... but Canvas today is only compatible with their IMS Enterprise v1.1 spec, not the newer LIS v2.0 stuff. Perhaps this could serve as the standard msg format for a Grouper listener capable of interacting with an LMS (ie Canvas).

I'd certainly welcome that discussion.
-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management