grouper-users - [grouper-users] Trust and Identity in Education and Research (TIER) - info and email lists

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Trust and Identity in Education and Research (TIER) - info and email lists

  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Steven Zoppi <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Trust and Identity in Education and Research (TIER) - info and email lists
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:28:53 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Interest was expressed recently on the Grouper-Users list about the Trust and Identity in Education and Research (TIER) work.  Below is a link to some information (Google docs) on this effort and also instructions on how to subscribe to two relevant email lists.

Best regards,
Emily

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst
Internet2
office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

Trust and Identity in Education and Research (TIER)

We are at the very early stages of TIER formation and are looking for active discussion and interaction among all of the Identity, Technology and related professionals who depend, every day, on pan-institutional Trust and Identity.

Here’s how you can participate:

Formative and OnGoing Document Collaboration

We are sharing all documentation and current information about TIER through a variety of channels.  For document collaboration, we are using Google Docs:  TIER Components and Architecture (Public)  which contains the living document “The State of TIER” (in PDF and DOCX formats) which will contain the latest Technical “Thinking about TIER” as works-in-progress.  You are encouraged to provide comments and suggest content changes by e-mail or directly in the DOCX document which is in revision tracking mode for that purpose.  Whichever is most convenient for you.

Mailing Lists

As we now move TIER formation discussions into much broader circulation, we have established two new distribution lists to help improve information exchange and discussions about TIER in the community.  Traffic on these lists has been light thus far as many have preferred to correspond with me directly.  We encourage everyone to ask questions openly as much as possible to generate other points of view during these formative stages.

The lists ’ and ’ have been created and are open for subscribers.  You may subscribe by:
  1. Addressing an e-mail message to
  2. Assign the subject (case insensitive): Subscribe <list-name>
  3. Send! (You’ll receive confirmation of the subscription shortly thereafter)
  •  is for all general, non-technical discussions about TIER and may be used to contribute any thoughts about the direction or shape of TIER.  Although this audience will be much broader than the technology and Identity Professional communities, we encourage anyone who wishes to offer their thinking.  Welcome topics include but are not limited to: Descriptions of institutional need, features or functionality that are important matters to consider as the TIER solutions evolve. (Open to Everyone, Authentication Required)

  •  is generally focused on the Institutional Technology Architects and Identity Management professionals.  This list will primarily focus on the implementation goals and technologies required to make identity components work well within and across participating institutions. (Open to Everyone, Authentication Required).
We welcome your participation and please feel free to circulate this information widely to colleagues who may be interested in these community lists.

Regards,
Steve

:: Steven Zoppi
:: AVP, Services Integration and Architecture
::

:: Internet2®
:: 6001 Shellmound St Suite 850
:: Emeryville, Ca  94608
:: p: 510 858 0884 ▪ m: 415 279 1650 ▪ f(office): 510 858 0894 ▪ f(digital): 877 313 2002 x708
:: SJZoppi @ [ Skype ▪ MSN ▪ AIM ▪ Y! ▪ GTalk ]