grouper-users - [grouper-users] PSP - provisioning the group 'name' attribute

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] PSP - provisioning the group 'name' attribute

  • From: Julian Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] PSP - provisioning the group 'name' attribute
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 22:03:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi,

I’ve now succeeded in getting a basic PSP configuration based on the ‘psp-example-grouper-to-ldap’ example files working so that it is just provisioning groups (and not updating person entries). I can see how it uses the group ‘ID’ as the group ‘cn’ in LDAP, and is also putting the group ‘description’ in the ‘description’ LDAP attribute. However I can’t see any way of being able to put the group ‘name’ (i.e. the more long hand name) into a similar attribute. I was hoping to put this into a ‘displayName’ attribute as our current schema allows this as an attribute for groups using a custom objectClass.

Is there a way of getting at the group ‘name’ and referencing it from within the psp.xml? I have looked in the psp-resolver.xml file but can’t spot anything obvious as yet.

Cheers,

Julian

--

Julian Williams (Identity and Access Management Developer)

Systems Development and Support, IT Services, University of Oxford

  • [grouper-users] PSP - provisioning the group 'name' attribute, Julian Williams, 10/09/2014