grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP: grouper:GroupExactAttribute filter does not match attribute

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP: grouper:GroupExactAttribute filter does not match attribute

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Dominique Petitpierre <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP: grouper:GroupExactAttribute filter does not match attribute
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:03:59 -0500

> My understanding is that, unlike grouper:GroupExactAttribute, the
> input provided to the grouper:NameInStem filters are not groups, but
> group names. So that definition (or some other in the same style)
> filtered out everything because grouper:GroupExactAttribute, expecting
> groups, could not match any name.

Right, and the result was unfortunately surprising and opaque.

> If this interpretation is correct, here is a suggestion (it would have
> saved me days):
>
> - Such an inappropriate use could cause an error message (e.g. "input
> type 'name' is not compatible with filter
> grouper:GroupExactAttribute type 'group'").

Good suggestion. At least, more log messages would probably help.

The use of Grouper Filters for provisioning dates back to the original
ldappc code and probably should be revisited in the future.

Apologies for time spent spinning wheels. My memory of this stuff is
also fading a bit.