grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:28:55 -0400

Ok, well it turns out that I was not correctly calling the psp
command. It was indeed the group that was not being found, not the
subject. So I've got that out of the way. Now, I've got another
problem: my group is not being populated even though the provisioning
command completes successfully.

I've made a group with 2 members that come from the sample dataset (ID
elbe and pema). I've manually added these subjects into the LDAP. When
I try to provision my group with "gsh.sh -psp -sync foo:qux", grouper
always wants to delete all entries from the LDAP and never wants to
add any. That's what I understand by looking at the logs... For
instance, if the LDAP already contains the "pema" subject and I try to
add "elbe", this is what I can see in the logs :

2012-06-07 16:12:32,175: [main] DEBUG
AbstractLdap.modifyAttributes(819) - - Modify attributes with the
following parameters:
2012-06-07 16:12:32,176: [main] DEBUG
AbstractLdap.modifyAttributes(820) - - dn =
cn=qux,ou=foo,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com
2012-06-07 16:12:32,182: [main] DEBUG
AbstractLdap.modifyAttributes(821) - - mods = [Add attribute:
cn=pema,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com]
2012-06-07 16:12:32,363: [main] ERROR LdapSpmlTarget.execute(502) - -
Target 'ldap' - A schema violation occurred
javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65
- OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 4
Modify Request
Object : 'cn=qux,ou=foo,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com'
Modification[0]
Operation : add
Modification
Modification[1]
Operation : delete
Modification
member: cn=pema,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@7b3d2b36
ManageDsaITImpl Control
Type OID : '2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2'
Criticality : 'false'
'
: ERR_279 Required attributes [member(2.5.4.31)] not found within
entry cn=qux,ou=foo,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com]; remaining name
'cn=qux,ou=foo,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com'

The operation fails because I'm using ApacheDS, which does not seem to
support empty group (or maybe it's a configuration thing...)

So I reckon (more bonus points ? :) ) that grouper is not able to
resolve any subjects. It doesn't try to add the one that should be
added and wants to delete the one that shouldn't be touched.

I've went through the logs but could not find mentions of unresolved
subjects. The complete log is here:

http://pastebin.com/ifyWeC2G

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
--jtellier

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Tom Zeller