grouper-users - [grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target

  • From: Jonathan Tellier <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Provisioning to a different kind of target
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 15:08:07 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a deployment where Grouper would retrieve its
data from a DB and would then provision everything to an LDAP
directory. In order to test, I'm using the sample HSQL DB with sample
data that comes with the Grouper Installer. I've also set up an LDAP
in which I've manually added an single entry corresponding to one of
the subjects in the DB. I've added this one subject to a group by
using Grouper. When I try to provision the stem to my LDAP by using
GSH, I get this error:

<psp:calcResponse xmlns:psp='http://grouper.internet2.edu/psp'
status='failure' requestID='2012/06/06-18:52:24.793'
error='noSuchIdentifier'>
<errorMessage>Unable to calculate provisioned object.</errorMessage>
<psp:id ID='stem:ADM1100-H12'/>
</psp:calcResponse>

The logs do not give me any other useful information.

Now, I think I've got an idea about what's happening, but I don't know
how to fix my problem. The user that comes from the DB has the ID
"elbe". Now, the "elbe" user that I've manually created in my LDAP has
the following DN : "cn=elbe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com". I reckon
that Grouper cannot resolve the "elbe" ID into the
"cn=elbe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com" DN, thus raising a
"noSuchIdentifier" error. Does that make sense?

I've played with the attributes definition in order to set the CN as
the subject identifier, but it didn't help.

Any ideas about what I could do to be able to provision data into my LDAP?

Thanks,
--jtellier