grouper-users - [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:03:21 -0500

Hi,

I am attempting to deploy version 2.1.0 of the Grouper API.

In the past when I have deployed the API and I want to test my
sources.xml to make sure everything is working I use gsh and
run

gsh 1%
findSubject("")

With version 2.1.0 I am seeing this:

gsh 1%
findSubject("")
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline
// evaluation of:
``findSubject("");''
:
// Error invoking compiled command: : Error in compiled
// command: java.lang.IllegalStateException: There is no open
// GrouperSession detected. Make sure to start a grouper
// session (e.g. GrouperSession.start() ) before calling this
// method

So following the advice of that error message I continued but
I see this:

gsh 2% GrouperSession.start()
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline
// evaluation of: ``GrouperSession.start();'' : Error in
// method invocation: Static method start() not found in
// class'edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession'

I looked at

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/GrouperShell+%28gsh%29

but I don't see anything updated to indicate that
findSubject() should not work.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Scott