grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:05:29 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Regarding the lower case part, Im looking at

LdapSourceAdapter line 450:

subjectID = ((String)attribute.get()).toLowerCase();

Maybe TomZ or JimF can comment on if we can not toLowerCase it, or make it an
option which defaults to off if some people want it, I would think we
wouldn't want to change case by default, maybe we do...

About the subject finding and grouper session, the subject filter (which is
optional) needs the grouper session so it can know who is querying to see if
the caller is allowed to see the results. We could not fail if no session if
there is no filter, though I think we should require it since you might add a
filter later and we can see where the gaps are. The hard part is you need to
bootstrap it. If you want a session started as a non root user, you need to
start a root session, find that subject, and start as that subject, and run
the search. I added Jira GRP-766 which will make this easier. Also I
changed the error message to suggest using a root session.

On Behalf Of Scott Koranda