grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:52:55 -0500

> Try this, it worked for me in my last installation :
>
> GrouperSession.startRootSession()

Thanks (and also to Tom Z.). After starting a root session I
can query for the subject, but it brings up another question:

gsh 1%
findSubject("")
subject:
'
type='person' source='ligo' name='Scott Koranda'

The output is not the same as with Grouper 1.6.3, specifically
the id has lowercase '@ligo.org' but previously it was
'@LIGO.ORG'.

Since I have configured sources.xml with krbPrincipalName as
the attribute to use for searching in both

<searchType>searchSubject</searchType>

and

<searchType>searchSubjectByIdentifier</searchType>

I expect to get back the Kerberos principal name, which is

Why the change in case?

Should I be concerned that when I import the state from my
1.6.3 production deployment the subjects will not be
recognized?

Thanks,

Scott