grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] testing sources.xml in Grouper 2.1.0 API
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:15:08 -0500

Hi,

> Regarding the lower case part, Im looking at
>
> LdapSourceAdapter line 450:
>
> subjectID = ((String)attribute.get()).toLowerCase();
>
> Maybe TomZ or JimF can comment on if we can not toLowerCase
> it, or make it an option which defaults to off if some
> people want it, I would think we wouldn't want to change
> case by default, maybe we do...

Hmmm. I think it is likely then that if I try to import my
state from Grouper 1.6.3 the memberships will not be
recognized since the database is using
''
but now the LDAP source adapter
always returns the lowercase.

Does that sound correct?

(I am happy to also do the experiment...)

> About the subject finding and grouper session, the subject
> filter (which is optional) needs the grouper session so it
> can know who is querying to see if the caller is allowed to
> see the results. We could not fail if no session if there
> is no filter, though I think we should require it since you
> might add a filter later and we can see where the gaps are.
> The hard part is you need to bootstrap it. If you want a
> session started as a non root user, you need to start a root
> session, find that subject, and start as that subject, and
> run the search. I added Jira GRP-766 which will make this
> easier. Also I changed the error message to suggest using a
> root session.

Thanks. I think the behavior is fine. I just wanted to
understand why it had changed from 1.6.x.

Thanks,

Scott