Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: "" <>, Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper v2.1 released
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:17:59 -0500
The Internet2 Middleware Initiative is pleased to announce the release
of Grouper version 2.1. Grouper is the core of an infrastructure for
managing access information across integrated applications and
repositories. It enables project managers, departments, institutions,
and end-users to create and manage institutional and personal groups,
roles, and permissions.
This release is an important milestone, and incorporates several
enhancements to the core Grouper functionality, increasing its utility
as a key part of an institution's Identity and Access Management
New features in Grouper 2.1 include:
- Changes to user access can now happen in real time courtesy of real
time and incremental provisioning based on Grouper's changelog. Group
and folder moves and renames can be provisioned as well. This is
accomplished with the new Provisioning Service Provider (PSP), which
- Grouper can now be updated from LDAP via PSP or Grouper Loader.
- Improved web services support for applications that outsource their
internal access management to Grouper.
- Improved management of access by service principals to info stored in
Grouper using a new "local entity" object type.
- It's quick and easy to get started using Grouper with the new
- Manage who can see which subject attributes with new subject attribute
security support. You can also decorate subjects after retrieval from
- Higher availability of web services using a new failover client
library and discovery service library.
For further information about this new release, to download the software
and release notes, for upgrade instructions, and a link to an online
Grouper demo, please visit
Apologies for cross-posting.
Tom Barton, on behalf of the Grouper Project team
- [grouper-users] Grouper v2.1 released, Tom Barton, 03/23/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.