grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Unix-like Group IDs?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Unix-like Group IDs?

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Unix-like Group IDs?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:10:51 +0000

--On 13 March 2009 08:41 +0100 Loris Bennett <> wrote:

I wasn't thinking of a particular situation, but just felt that if I
were to start dishing out university-wide group IDs I would need some
list of groups the groups with their IDs at some point. However I would
not necessarily want to display this within grouper.
Should be possible to write a GSH script, or you could create a custom view in the database. For 1.5:

select g.id,
g.display_name,
ga.value as gid
from grouper_groups g,
grouper_attributes ga
where g.id=ga.group_id
and ga.field_id=(
select id
from grouper_fields gf
where name='<gid field name>'
and ga.field_id=gf.id
)

This SQL may not be optimal... For 1.4.x it would be more complicated if you wanted to pull out one or more of the naming attributes.

Gary

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing