grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:19:31 +0100

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I don't think that even I understood exactly what I was
suggesting. I was thinking in terms of current grouper functionality,
but hadn't quite got things straight in my mind when I wrote the last
mail.

I had been thinking of a structure of groups representing org unit whose
members are groups representing the corresponding subordinate org units.
But obviously these member groups all have to exist in some namespace
defined by a stem hierarchy, before they can become members of groups.

Cheers

Loris