grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:26:17 -0500

> OK, that sounds fine.  My client should be able to create a loader

> group

> at each node in my org structure automatically, since I can now save

> group details, right?

Right, though currently if certain changes are made to the loader rules (e.g. add a new job), then you need to restart the loader.

Your other idea sounds like it would work.

Another idea, is a group_list query to roll up the groups.  Can you express it in SQL?  I took a pass, you can adjust for your needs (e.g. do you want to add sor’s to the “all” groups, or sors in the current stem and “all”s from the substems (might be a more complex query, but I could imagine it)

select gs.name || ':all' as group_name, ggv.group_id as subject_id,

  ggv.NAME as sub_group_name

  from grouper_stems gs, grouper_groups_v ggv where gs.name like 'test:isc:astt:chris:uni%'

  and ggv.name like gs.name || '%sor';

Note: all the loader jobs I use at penn are run from views, so I can adjust them and don’t have to worry about the loader needing a restart (don’t think query changes require this anymore), but anyways, fyi…

GROUP_NAME

SUBJECT_ID

SUB_GROUP_NAME

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:all

31a0c83c-4325-4294-bf5d-f84e9ff227c0

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:hpc:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:all

42288b32-5ebf-4009-ac5c-9c4cbf6c0263

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:identity_management:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:all

1fdce632-ad05-4ae1-a222-9476547c7da4

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:all

31a0c83c-4325-4294-bf5d-f84e9ff227c0

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:hpc:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:all

42288b32-5ebf-4009-ac5c-9c4cbf6c0263

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:identity_management:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:all

1fdce632-ad05-4ae1-a222-9476547c7da4

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:hpc:all

31a0c83c-4325-4294-bf5d-f84e9ff227c0

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:hpc:sor

test:isc:astt:chris:uni:computer_centre:identity_management:all