grouper-users - RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:28:49 +0100

Hi Chris,

Maybe I am missing something, but GRP-178 seems to be just about
include/exclude. I was thinking more along the lines of the following:

A group can be defined as the union of all the groups whose names match
a given pattern. So if I have

uni:computer_centre:sor
uni:computer_centre:admin:sor
uni:computer_centre:hpc:sor
uni:computer_centre:identity_management:sor

I would then have

uni:all defined by uni:%sor
uni:computer_centre: all defined by uni:computer_centre:%sor

I have tried to do something similar with requireInGroups, e.g.

grouperIncludeExclude.requireGroup.name.0 =
testRequireInGroupAttribute
grouperIncludeExclude.requireGroup.attributeOrType.0 = type
grouperIncludeExclude.requireGroup.group.0 = sources:fub:%sor
grouperIncludeExclude.requireGroup.description.0 = If value is
true, members of the overall group must be in SAPHR (in the
sources:fubb:%sor group). Otherwise leave this value not filled
in.

but the pattern functionality doesn't seem to be there.

Regards

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)