grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:21:22 -0600

Although I haven't run the latest ldappc and so don't have the ldap logs to confirm, my memory is that ldappc would do a MOD on a group object to update its membership, ie, that it did not delete and recreate in order to update. Can you confirm that it is presenting no MOD operations?

Thanks,
Tom

Dr. Loris Bennett wrote:
The current version of LDAPPC does not perform an incremental export,
but rather deletes the existing groups and rewrites the group
information. Within our constellation with AD, this seems to be a
blocking point, since compound groups defined in AD would loose the
information about their constituent groups.