grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] grouperLoader: Setting display name

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] grouperLoader: Setting display name

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] grouperLoader: Setting display name
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 03:25:36 -0500

This is done and unit tested for RC2.

There is a new grouper loader attribute called grouperLoaderGroupQuery, where
you write a query with a row for each group in a group list, and with one
mandatory column "GROUP_NAME", and two optional columns: "GROUP_DISPLAY_NAME"
(note, the UI term for this is display path, this includes display extensions
for all parent folders), and "GROUP_DESCRIPTION".

Here is the doc for this attribute in the grouper loader doc:

grouperLoaderGroupQuery: query (optional) for SQL_GROUP_LIST which should
return cols: group_name, group_display_name (optional), group_description
(optional) which if there are used for the group display and and extension.
Note: the parent stem display names are only changed when creating them. This
should return all groups in the membership list, and if not there, its ok,
the extension will be used as display extension, and a generated description.
Note: the display name is the display path, with the display extension of
each parent stem.

Note: I added this to the change log:

#  2008/12/9: v1.4.0 RC2 HEAD: if you are using grouper loader, and you are
not auto creating types and attributes in grouper config, then add this new
attribute with GSH:

* subj=SubjectFinder.findById("GrouperSystem")
sess=GrouperSession.start(subj)
type=GroupType.createType(sess, "grouperLoader")
read=Privilege.getInstance("read")
admin=Privilege.getInstance("admin")
type.addAttribute(sess, "grouperLoaderGroupQuery", read, admin, false)

When the group loader auto creates groups in the sql list, there is a new
attribute where you can set group metadata (display name and description).
Note: the display name is the display path, with the display extension of
each parent stem.

Regards,
Chris

  • RE: [grouper-users] grouperLoader: Setting display name, Chris Hyzer, 12/09/2008