grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "Grouper Users Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:14:52 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=b87D9qNEvsS/TjO1mqWcQA54f6JKLv6Nk0e8ofryE+a4gsUedR0vrC2q0D2E38vFqS iCZrrXfbRTQutkvXxGGOj+evuIGkUvuvD1Haatpcs1WWqtHtLHCHjqMiDAC9YPHNmADF u5IoQgCm41nfskzk4wyvLiw5XoTzQFivja45U=

Sometimes fresh air is good for the mind - I was likely on the wrong track.

To provision a single group (or any number less than all, i.e.
incremental export), one would define group-queries elements in
ldappc.xml. However, ldappc will delete any groups not defined by
group-queries.

Perhaps a command line or xml option could be provided to disable the
deletion of undefined groups or stems.

Alternately, ldappc might be configured to provision a subset of
groups and their children - I imagine this would be more complicated
to implement.

TomZ

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Tom Zeller