grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "Grouper Users Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC: Alternative to incremental export?
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:19:35 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Iqwpj7pBMNfW+F/nCIcNEx+xSCl4Tah5tYBNLd69/7iUAnAR7y4y8+LkwF+ZuH4zTn 05AWnFu2jsPXbW1OT+Llg3ASbRXuAc7uKhxThXyc5Ph/Z5WmvANUgeVSwZgyikpZ4J3t vwXI7+yn3+yHNPguPfCEmEjbdleTIRHbthngw=

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Dr. Loris Bennett

> The current version of LDAPPC does not perform an incremental export,
> but rather deletes the existing groups and rewrites the group
> information.

Could you please provide more details for me regarding your
"incremental export" scenario ?

I think you are saying that when ldappc updates a group's memberships,
that it first deletes the group. That would certainly be problematic
for Active Directory permissions and SIDs. Am I understanding
correctly ?

Thank you,
TomZ