grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and OpenJDK?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and OpenJDK?

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and OpenJDK?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:49:01 +0100

--On 27 August 2008 17:18 -0500 Scott Koranda <> wrote:

I've hopefully fixed the issue in the 1.3.1 branch.

subjectHasPrivilegeView.jsp depended on params and privMap being passed
from a higher level tile. This was not working for some reason with
JDK 1.6 which used to give an error. The error stopped happening with
v1.6 of subjectHasPrivilegeView.jsp as a jsp:useBean tag ensured
params was always available - if empty, however, it did not address
the underlying problem.

I have worked around the issue - params -> linkParams and privMap is
now shifted to the SubjectAsMap instance that is passed. This works
for JDK 1.5 and 1.6.

I don't know what was going on. There seems to be an issue passing some
attributes to a dynamic tile but if there is a systemic problem I would
have expected to have problems elsewhere.

Thanks. Again, I cannot seem to reproduce the problem with the
JDK 1.6 I am using
(java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-0.20.b11.el5.x86_64). I may not,
however, be properly exercising the code where the bug may or
may not live.

Still, I will take a version 1.3.1 if I can get it (we are not
in production yet).

When would you expect to release version 1.3.1?
1.3.1 is due soon - we hope to have a release candidate by the end of next week.

Cheers,

Scott

Gary

--On 27 August 2008 13:24 +0100 "GW Brown, Information Systems and
Computing"

> There has been a UI issue with Java 1.6 - reported by at least two
> people. An error occurred when clicking on a 'is direct member' link:
> '/WEB-INF/jsp/subjectHasPrivilegeView.jsp': Cannot find bean params in
> any scope.
>
> I've just tried reproducing that with my build of 1.3.1 using an old
> and a new Java 1.6 version - but can't.
>
> Scott: I would assume that OpenJDK 1.6 will work - and if you find
> there is a UI problem we'll work with you to resolve it
>
> Gary
>
> --On 26 August 2008 11:55 -0400 Chris Hyzer
<>