grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Trying to get QuickStart working

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Trying to get QuickStart working

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To: "Curt Blank" <>
  • Cc: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, "Grouper Users" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Trying to get QuickStart working
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:34:00 -0500

On 1/23/07, Curt Blank
At first I thought I was on to something when you asked for the war file
and I didn't have one, so I made one, but it acts the same. I did the
dist and copied everything from the dist/grouper directory to
webapps/grouper. Now that I have a war file I see when I start tomcat it
creates and populates the webapps/grouper directory itself.

Seems like your WAR is exploding upon startup, which is not
recommended. This tends to leave junk in the webapp context folder.
Blow away the context folder and configure Tomcat to not explode the
WAR. If for some reason that is not an option, blow away the context
folder anyway and let the WAR explode afresh.

Tom Scavo
NCSA/University of Illinois