Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Jim Fox <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] v1.1 comments
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:30:24 -0600
Jim Fox wrote:
1) The gsh tool doesn't seem to be able to find it. I had
to populate the wheel group by hand.
Did you check that the sources.xml in gsh's classpath is the same as the sources.xml in use by your deployed servlet? By default, gsh will grab config files located in the conf folder of the distribution.
2) Subject searches can return hundreds of names. I'd be
nice if they could be sorted.
I agree. Long-standing issue that, well, still stands.
3) When displaying a subject summary, multi-valued attributes,
e.g., eduPersonAffiliation, have only one value displayed.
I think the JNDISourceAdapter creates Subject objects with multi-values properly. Gary, can you determine whether this is a UI issue?
4) (tiny complaint) I had to specify a SECURITY_PRINCIPAL in
sources.xml even though I was doing external ssl auth and
didn't need one.
Noted. Perhaps we can wrap this into the Subject v1.0 package that we're slowly getting around to.
The two values "subject id" and "subject name" are the
source of some confusion.
Agree. Although we'll probably need to revisit the proposed Subject v1.0 spec, at least briefly, before acting on it, we'll probably remove the distinguished attributes of "name" and "description", leaving just "id", plus whatever attributes are returned by the ldap query configured in sources.xml.
- v1.1 comments, Jim Fox, 01/23/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.