grouper-users - Problem deleting a group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Problem deleting a group

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Problem deleting a group
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:26:38 -0500

I had a group containing several groups as direct members. Each of those
groups contained a selection of (overlapping) subjects as direct members and
several contained a different group as direct members. That different group
contained a set of subjects as direct members.

I tried to delete it in the UI by clicking the "Delete Group" button. It
said that the group could not be deleted.

Listing the members reveals that there are a bunch of indirect members and
no direct members.

I don't think that should be possible, so it's probably a bug in the API.

I can manually delete the grouper_membership records, of course, but this is
a serious problem.

I haven't yet looked at the source...

-K