grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Problem with the UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Problem with the UI

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Steve Lemons <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Problem with the UI
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:54:46 +0100

Steve,

Glad you managed to work around the issue.

Going back some time 'description' was intended to be a first class attribute of Subject intended for display in the UI. That has changed somewhat, and I should probably default to 'name'. Ultimately, what you want to display may depend on the subject type and other local rules. These are best accommodated by defining appropriate dynamic templates which are loaded in preference to the default subjectView.jsp.

The isGroup attribute is a UI artifact. I'm not sure why it was breaking for you but it may be to do with the JNDI Adapter behaving differently to the JDBC adapter. I'll add this to my list of things to check.

Regards,

Gary

--On 31 August 2006 13:40 -0400 Steve Lemons

I guess another way to put it is the subjectView.jsp doesn't like null
attributes.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing