grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: "blair christensen." <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:27:24 +0100

--On 04 August 2006 10:01 -0500 "blair christensen." <> wrote:

On 8/2/06, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing
The failure to save values is due to the way the UI uses the API. In
several places I use Group.getRemovableTypes - so I can exclude the base
type. This method requires you to be 'root':

if
(PrivilegeResolver.getInstance().isRoot(this.getSession().getSubject()))

I can change my code, but is there any reason why this method should be
restricted, so long as Group.deleteType has appropriate checks?

This might have been due to a misunderstanding between the two of us
when you requested this method. I (apparently) thought the desired
behavior was to show what group types the acting subject could remove
from a group rather than all types that could in theory be removed.
I probably did mean the types that the acting subject could remove - needed for the EditGroup page, however, some one with Admin for the Group should be able to remove a type even if they don`t have root privilege

Another use I have is when editing attributes. Here I guess I need a method `getCustomTypes`, which would return all types except base.

If you can make these changes `soon` I`ll update the UI to use them, otherwise I can work around them for the time being

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing