grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, "blair christensen." <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:03:19 +0100

The problem lies behind door number 3. A subject with writePriv is
presented with editable fields, but the edits made there are not saved.

The API wasn't expliclitly testing this functionality so I've added a
test for it. **If** I'm testing the right thing the problem is not on
the API side.

The failure to save values is due to the way the UI uses the API. In several places I use Group.getRemovableTypes - so I can exclude the base type. This method requires you to be 'root':

if (PrivilegeResolver.getInstance().isRoot(this.getSession().getSubject()))

I can change my code, but is there any reason why this method should be restricted, so long as Group.deleteType has appropriate checks?

Gary

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing