grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:40:42 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=fXYHKu2ZrvvRgBCrifvOdy7mF3wce7B9yI4MARX1slFeEHdpHjh/OghmfhbIVpFprnP4cEbC5lk1yE+J+33N1xwBXTrdDV4dpS+HOO5jxE2wr1Kme82OuP6h5quYP1zd2ZzO6L694pBwGXPVUQoGxvK8GjwMC8rM4o7Zf6P3ySQ=

On 8/4/06, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing
I probably did mean the types that the acting subject could remove -
needed for the EditGroup page, however, some one with Admin for the Group
should be able to remove a type even if they don`t have root privilege

Ah, yes. This is definitely a bug. The API checks for ADMIN when
adding and deleting group types associated with a group but for some
reason does not when returning types that can be removed. I'll file a
bug report for this.

Another use I have is when editing attributes. Here I guess I need a method
`getCustomTypes`, which would return all types except base.

I'll add this to the TODO list but it won't be going in as soon as the bugfix.