grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Arbitrary attributes problem
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:20:34 -0500

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
And it looks as if the same attribute name can't be in two different
groupTypeDef's, e.g. If I have a groupType for email lists and one for LDAP
groups, "alias" can't be in both. They have to have distinct names.

Am I correct?

Yes.

Tom indicated that if I added extra attributes, e.g. Email alias, via
xml-import I could manage them via the UI.

It seems that I can manage them via the UI if I am GrouperSystem, but not if
I am
,
even though

created the group.

Am I missing something? I gave

admin and update privs.

I can reproduce this error. Supposedly privileged users can edit, but their changes are not persisted. Only GrouperSystem and wheel group members can effectively edit these fields.

I'll pass this along to blair & Gary.

Tom