Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "blair christensen." <>
- To: "Will Norris" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] subject tables
- Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:39:33 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=t2fEMmpB0xpPUcYQu5/GH47pfYka2anZbulSNEuVSfmckNkPaZ8T86YhVZiXcs+B8qZmZjw3jn0DOSdIoVJHX1SFtiSfqvXRxoR6uTxtZgm/zgQspQJWeU5Ss7E9E74M/7vCjuwz2B7edA1lbzJRF+8cGxr+2vJf9ckSyNC4gYY=
On 7/28/06, Will Norris
running "ant schemaexport" creates 14 tables in my database... 12
grouper_* tables, as well as subject and subjectattribute. Am I
correct in thinking that these last two are not technically required
by grouper, but were created more for the quickstart where people
entries were also defined in the database? If all of my subjects are
defined externally (via LDAP, a different database, etc) is it okay
to remove these two tables, or are they used for something else as well?
As Tom said, you can remove these tables. They are created as
Grouper's default mode of operation is to use an embedded HSQLDB
database for both the Groups Registry and for a *JDBCSourceAdapter* to
point at. If your subjects are located elsewhere (per `sources.xml`)
those tables are no longer needed.
Also, I *believe* the test suite will fail (horribly) if those tables
don't exist and your `sources.xml` is not configured to point at them.
- Re: [grouper-users] subject tables, blair christensen., 08/01/2006
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.