grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:59:53 -0500

The jdbc url, both in the sources.xml file and in the DatabaseManagerSwing GUI, must agree with how the server properties are declared. Given that I advised you to use '-dbname.0 grouper', your jdbc url must reflect that:

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/grouper

The trailing '/grouper' in that url identifies which one of potentially several databases being served on port 9001 you want to connect to. You can also start the server up without specifying a -dbname parameter, in which case the jdbc url

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost

will connect to the singular database being served. I advised you otherwise expecting that you'll soon want to be running at least 2 databases on one server.

BTW, I've done plenty of twiddling of config files in webapps/grouper/WEB-INF/classes without rebuilding and redeploying. I just restart the /grouper (or /signet) context, and occasionally restart tomcat if I'm not certain that all's kosher. Clearly, there are circumstances that vary in ways that impact grouper (& maybe signet) deployment that we should try to understand and describe in the docs. I hope we get to the bottom of yours...

Tom