grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] DB problem - some broken groups - help appreciated.

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] DB problem - some broken groups - help appreciated.

  • From: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] DB problem - some broken groups - help appreciated.
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 15:16:51 +0000

Hi all,

I have a condition of about a dozen groups which cannot be modified or
deleted and the log snippet attached shows the error log for one of these
groups. First, I’d like to know how I fix these groups. Second, the
condition of how this occurred I am still trying to prove but it seems to be
related to whether or not memory is configured with ms=mx. I haven’t been
able to recreate what caused the condition in the log snippet but the log
snippet with ms=mx devolves into Garbarge collection failures and the loader
becoming unusable over time. With ms<mx (8g<9g) the errors i see in the log
snippet do not cause the loader to become unusable over time. Anyway, I’d
really appreciate help fixing the bad groups based on the log.

I decided not to post this to the grouper-users list because I don’t want
people thinking grouper is unstable and this could happen to them. As you
guys know, i have been doing some extreme things with grouper to see what’s
possible and find issues and i think these “broken groups” are related to
that work and the various memory problems I was having.

Thank you!

/mrg