grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Box Groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Box Groups

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: " Dev" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Box Groups
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:00:30 -0400

The Box Project is pressing ahead and working with Box to try and develop a
solution for Group Selection and Sync to meet the initial needs of the
project. Whether or not one calls this "Federated Groups" is an interesting
question, but for now we are trying to address the needs of project. Here is
what I have just sent to the project participants:

"Item 2: A first cut at proposed designs of how Group Selection and Sync
might be handled. This first cut will have been iterated by several folks.
Our intention is to float this over to the Grouper team as well either during
the next 2-3 weeks or concurrent with sending to the project schools for
comment depending on what sort of progress is made. The intent is to have
Box engineers working through these designs as much as is feasible."

As soon as something is presentable for you guys to respond we will include
you. Please do NOT think for a moment this means you are at the end of the
process. To the contrary, this all is just getting started.

Thanks.

/mrg