grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Box Groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Box Groups

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Box Groups
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:31:38 -0400

On 10/28/11 1:30 PM, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

"Item 2: A first cut at proposed designs of how Group Selection and
Sync might be handled.

Can you give a brief description of what you mean by Group Selection and
Sync? I'm guessing: Selection is a user using the Box web UI picking a
group from some list to use for an ACL or whatever. Sync is copying
group data from some (campus) source into the Box groups store.

For synch, we've currently approached this by controlling the synch from the MACE Grouper end. We've added attributes within MACE Grouper (eg LDAPsynch, GOOGLEsynch, etc); checking one of this turns on the appropriate synch. If any entries appear in the Grouper Change log for a group with one of those attributes set, then we put a msg on a msg bus, and a listener does the appropriate synch....

re some sort of GUI within BOX to create an access control policy on some object... and being able to select a Group... before I even go there, can I assume that BOX will support ACLs on groups ? So that I won't be shown any groups that I'm not supposed to know about ?