grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Jim Fox <>, Tom Barton <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:04:08 -0400

On 7/13/10 12:30 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
In any case, as we discussed in our last dev call, lets performance test it
and see how it does and we can take it from there.

I've been testing the performance of this on an Oracle database that already has about 2.1 million flat memberships. Here's what I'm seeing...

Adding a group with 66K members to another group with no other members happens almost instantly and results in a temp change log entry for the immediate membership add. The change log daemon then takes about 6 minutes to add 66K flat memberships and 66K change log entries for flat membership adds. I'm seeing about the same performance on deletes as well.

Jim, if you're testing as well, can you use the latest code from the 1.6 branch which has some fixes? You should be able to just replace your grouper.jar file or I can send you an updated jar file if you'd like.

Thanks!

-- Shilen