grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:14:31 -0500

Thanks Shilen.

Seems like a time/space trade off between options 2 and 3, and we chose to burn space rather than time for 1.6. Is that about right? Is 3 also simpler than 2?

I don't think I'd made the firm connection before between point in time audit and other systems that need a flattened view of memberships, permissions, etc in grouper. I'm curious: if we had another way of determining PIT audit info, could we turn things around and do flattened notifications using that infrastructure?

Tom

Shilen Patel wrote:
Hi Tom,

I just added some documentation on the flattened membership table design.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Flat+Memberships+Design

Thanks!

-- Shilen