grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 7-July-2010
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:22:30 -0400

I think the main advantages of 3 are that it's simple and reliable. As far as space goes, 3 would take more than 2 unless we reuse the flattened memberships table for PIT for active flattened memberships as Chris suggested. And as far as time goes, with 2, it can take more time to calculate the flattened memberships that are being added or deleted, but with 3, it also takes time to insert the rows into the flattened memberships table. But again we can reuse the table for PIT.

Thanks!

-- Shilen