grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 16:01:58 -0500

We can do it along with the rest of the uPortal work, after 1.6.0.

Tom

Tom Zeller wrote:
It looks like properly mavenizing grouperClient for deployment to a
central repository for use by uPortal will be a bit of reverse
engineering work, which should probably wait until after we release
1.6.0 - or is there some other timeline that needs to be met ?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Tom Zeller
FYI I went ahead and filled out the forms to request a repository from
oss.sonatype.org which will sync to apache.org, should take a day or
two to get that setup.

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-486

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Tom Zeller
Regarding potential license issues, I thought that sonatype.com or
apache.org might have specific licensing requirements that we and all
of our dependencies would need to satisfy. After reading more, I don't
see anything of concern. Of course, we can't bundle jars that lack the
appropriate license anyway, but we might be held to that restriction.

Tom,

What potential license issues might there be?

Tom Zeller wrote:
Apparently there is a need to provide grouperClient from a central
maven repository in order for a uPortal integration to happen. I've
received information on how to go about this process, namely :

https://docs.sonatype.com/display/NX/OSS+Repository+Hosting

In summary, we deploy to this "forge" which then syncs to the central
maven repo.

If folks agree and so desire, I (or someone else ?) can make this
happen or at least gather more information. I don't have all of the
details right now, but before I spend any more time I thought I would
poll for consensus.

Thanks,
TomZ

P.S. I imagine there might be license issues that we need to be aware
of and understand.