Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

List archive

Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo

Chronological Thread 
  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-uportal : grouperClient and central repo
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:39:14 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=XsvulKZgZIf6rE5FX1yhLsX/3wqxalvlLHtjGrLylzMVwbrU9dDpLeWDdOdSjc8fhY VDsC++YT4Q4vo3KVFhRSn13bjekGPF4rEC3FCu5W7maNBxPmNf5RSmowoKf7f90oKSeW eCZwhjkrC1tTrgFcq3CmYCoPLC+C3TKYS+yZc=

It looks like properly mavenizing grouperClient for deployment to a
central repository for use by uPortal will be a bit of reverse
engineering work, which should probably wait until after we release
1.6.0 - or is there some other timeline that needs to be met ?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Tom Zeller
> FYI I went ahead and filled out the forms to request a repository from
> which will sync to, should take a day or
> two to get that setup.
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Tom Zeller
> <>
> wrote:
>> Regarding potential license issues, I thought that or
>> might have specific licensing requirements that we and all
>> of our dependencies would need to satisfy. After reading more, I don't
>> see anything of concern. Of course, we can't bundle jars that lack the
>> appropriate license anyway, but we might be held to that restriction.
>>> Tom,
>>> What potential license issues might there be?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom
>>> Tom Zeller wrote:
>>>> Apparently there is a need to provide grouperClient from a central
>>>> maven repository in order for a uPortal integration to happen. I've
>>>> received information on how to go about this process, namely :
>>>> In summary, we deploy to this "forge" which then syncs to the central
>>>> maven repo.
>>>> If folks agree and so desire, I (or someone else ?) can make this
>>>> happen or at least gather more information. I don't have all of the
>>>> details right now, but before I spend any more time I thought I would
>>>> poll for consensus.
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> TomZ
>>>> P.S. I imagine there might be license issues that we need to be aware
>>>> of and understand.

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page