grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] grouper attribute framework

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] grouper attribute framework

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] grouper attribute framework
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:28:36 -0400

Respectfully I would prefer not to do this.  If we start down this path, and we add another piece of metadata, do all the names change?  I think it should be similar to how we have group types and attributes, where if you need metadata on a group, you go to grouper and ask for it.  I definitely think we need namespaces, and it is #2 on my list on the wiki, but I don’t think we should constrain how users name things, or try to pack information inside of other information…  of course when provisioning out of grouper, maybe in cases where the downstream system needs this, maybe it could be massaged there… could that work?