grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Emily Eisbruch <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 08:00:35 -0600

Chris Hyzer wrote:
1. I have the tables created and hibernated for user-auditing. The cols (maybe not all, but a good sample), are here under audit type table, and audit entry table. Let me know if something doesn’t look ok

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Auditing

I'd like us to review ideas for how the string and int cols will be used for a representative set of operations, before you get too far down this path.

3. I think we should drop the created_by and modified_by cols in the grouper tables (e.g. grouper_groups and grouper_stems), since these will be maintained in the user auditing. The user auditing will tell you who the logged_in user is, who the act_as user is, etc. I think the created_by and modified_by is just who the grouperSession belongs to, so it might even be meaningless. Does anyone use these, or does anyone object? Oh yeah, I need to update those in memberChangeSubject calls potentially when merging subjects…

Any reason they can't stay there, maybe purposelessly, until we're happy with how the auditing is going?

Are there GrouperQuery filters that select on these?

If those cols are gone and deployer opts to disable logging, deployer is just totally blind to what's happened then?