grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 4-Feb-09
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:58:37 -0500

> I wonder if we should have a context table which has:
> 1) the context id
> 2) an audit type and / or label
> 3) all the stuff from the audit table which doesn't change within a
> single
> context i.e.
> - loggedInMemberId
> - envLabel
> - grouperEngine
> - grouperVersion
> - serverHost
> - userIpAddress
>
> Someone creating an arbitrary transaction (including in GSH) should
> either
> be able to reference custom audit types, or at least label the context.
>
> actAsMemberId could potentially change within a teansaction and each
> audited action within a context may have its own audit type.

I don’t know why there would be more than one user audit record per context
id... I don’t really want the context id to be the primary key of the user
audit record, but I think it will end up being one to one... the point of
user auditing is not to audit each individual change, the point in time
auditing will take care of that...

Also, I wanted it to be lightweight, so each audit is an insert of one row
into one table

> Did we say auditing would be optional...

Yes, definitely. Also I bet certain types of auditing will be optional...
e.g. auditing a record for each subjob of a loader job