grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Loris Bennett <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 02:40:09 -0400

I pictured that would happen with another loader managed query. E.g. the org
query is like this:

Group_name subject_id
school.orgs.org123_systemOfRecord 12345
school.orgs.org123_systemOfRecord 12346
school.orgs.org124_systemOfRecord 12347

Then you would have another grouper loader query which would do the rollups.
It's a little complicated since the subject_id of a group is its UUID, so we
need to pack it in somehow... note the subject_id group name is the
"overall" group, not the system of record one...

Group_name subject_id
school.orgs.org123AndSubOrgs_systemOfRecord group_name__school.orgs.org123
school.orgs.org123AndSubOrgs_systemOfRecord group_name__school.orgs.org124
school.orgs.org126AndSubOrgs_systemOfRecord group_name__school.orgs.org126
school.orgs.org126AndSubOrgs_systemOfRecord group_name__school.orgs.org127

Otherwise how would the loader know the org hierarchy? Is this ok?