grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-users] web service enhancement requests for grouper 1.4

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-users] web service enhancement requests for grouper 1.4

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] web service enhancement requests for grouper 1.4
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:16:33 -0400

Group/Stem Privileges web services are done.

I did non-batched ones to get started for 1.4.  We can add batched later if we need them.

Get privileges web service :

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Get+grouper+privileges

Add/remove privileges web service:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Add+or+remove+grouper+privileges

################

"Add or remove grouper privileges" will add or remove privileges for a subject and (group or stem). If you are adding a privilege and it already exists (immediate privilege), then it will not fail, and it will notify you in the response (still considered a success). If you are removing a privilege, and there was no immediate privileges to remove, it will be a success, and will notify you by response code. If you remove a privilege, and there is an "effective" privilege still there (which means the subject has the privilege, just not directly), it will be a success, and you will be notified via response code.

Features

    * Will only edit the privileges the web service user (or actAs) is allowed to see

    * Lookup subjects/members by subject lookup (by id, source, identifier, etc)

    * Lookup groups/stems by group lookup or stem lookup (name or uuid)

    * Returns subject information of the subject

    * Returns the group or stem information

    * Can actAs another user

    * Failsafe, will not fail if adding a privilege that is already there, or removing one that is already gone

    * Descriptive response codes give information about the existing privileges

Assign grouper privileges Lite service

    * Accepts one subject, one privilege type and name, if allowed, and one group or stem lookup

    * Documentation: SOAP (click on assignGrouperPrivileges), REST (click on assignGrouperPrivileges)

    * For REST, a request body is required (probably via POST)

    * REST request (colon is escaped to %3A): PUT (or POST) /grouper-ws/servicesRest/v1_4_000/grouperPrivileges

    * (see documentation above for details): Request object, response object

    * Response codes

    * Samples (all files with "Lite" in them, click on "download" to see file)

####################

"Get grouper privileges" will retrieve the privileges for a subject and (group or stem). If you dont specify the privilege name, you will get all permissions for the user and (group or stem). If you specify the privileges you are looking for, you will get also get the response in the return code (which is an HTTP header)

Features

    * Will only get the privileges the user (or actAs) is allowed to see

    * Lookup subjects/members by subject lookup (by id, source, identifier, etc)

    * Lookup groups/stems by group lookup or stem lookup (name or uuid)

    * Returns subject information of the subject

    * Returns the group or stem information

    * Can actAs another user

Get grouper privileges Lite service

    * Accepts one subject and one group or stem lookup

    * Documentation: SOAP (click on getGrouperPrivileges), REST (click on getGrouperPrivileges)

    * For REST, a request body is required (probably via POST)

    * REST request (colon is escaped to %3A): GET /grouper-ws/servicesRest/v1_4_000/grouperPrivileges