grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "Tom Barton" <>
  • Cc: "Loris Bennett" <>, "Chris Hyzer" <>, "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] auto-creating "include" and "exclude" groups based on group type hook
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:25:25 -0500

This is all interesting since we're about ready to kick-off a project to provision organizational groups to LDAP-ish directories from our "newly" implemented ERP (Banner) via Grouper. We'll probably use our homegrown provisioner, which is now fast enough to run realtime.

It would be desirable for us to "hide" the composite groups, and maybe provide a class that provides Group.include() and Group.exclude() so that applications using the include/exclude groups don't need to know all of Grouper's gnarly details.

Tom,

Are you willing to share your code ? I'm curious how the groups were stored in grouper, e.g. stems for each org level ?

Tom