grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-ext/gsh extension

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-ext/gsh extension

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper-ext/gsh extension
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:23:01 +0100

I've checked in the change to give more complete error messages and I'll have a go at fixing the .bat file. I assume they are the only changes we will make this time round. We can look at using the same launcher as usdu for the next version.

Gary

--On 28 April 2008 10:59 -0500 Tom Zeller

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:33 AM, Tom Barton

Tom Zeller wrote:

GrouperShell (gsh) has been imported into cvs at
cvs.internet2.edu:/home/cvs/i2mi/grouper-ext/gsh. The grouper wiki should
be updated, perhaps after we decide whether or not to rename packages,
maybe edu.internet2.grouper.ext.gsh ?

We probably should rename. Maybe leave the ".ext" out of the name. It's
an ext now, and who knows, it might not be in future. It's just gsh, a
grouper-specific thing.

Tom

OK.

I also want to give proper respect to Blair, the author of gsh. The
motivation for moving gsh to i2mi cvs is that now other developers can
make changes.

Housekeeping details: perhaps I should make the version of gsh in i2mi
cvs be 0.2 to distinguish it from the existing 0.1.1 source. Also, I'll
keep grouper-api/ext/gsh-src.zip at 0.1.1 for the 1.3.0 release (since we
already have an RC out), and we'll schedule 0.2 gsh for the next release.

TomZ

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing