grouper-dev - Web services prototype done

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Web services prototype done

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Web services prototype done
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 02:54:54 -0500

I did a simple web services prototype. The details are here:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/WS+-+Proof+of+Concept+2007-10-2007

The original Grouper web services page is here, with updated issues and items
at bottom.
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Web+Services

Please give me any feedback. I will continue to work on it. Hopefully we
can discuss it at the next dev call.

> As you mention doing a simple search for subjects it would be worth taking
> into account the 1.0 Subject API. It loses 'type' as a first class

Gary, thanks for the head's up. At this point I will just call the same
methods that the UI calls, so if we fix the UI with the proper Subject API,
the web services will probably be fixed also. But lets discuss this task a
the next call to make sure the order of operations is optimal.

Kind regards,
Chris

--On 07 December 2007 03:11 -0500 Chris Hyzer