grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Web services prototype

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Web services prototype

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Web services prototype
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 08:27:42 +0000

Hi Chris,

As you mention doing a simple search for subjects it would be worth taking into account the 1.0 Subject API. It loses 'type' as a first class attribute - not sure if there are other API changes which would impact method signatures, but it would make sense to code to the 1.0 API.

Adopting 1.0 may have ripple effects on the Grouper API, so while the work you indicate will be very useful for getting us started, we may want to integrate the 1.0 API before we do a full WS implementation.

Gary

--On 07 December 2007 03:11 -0500 Chris Hyzer

Hey grouper-devs,

I added information to the wiki based on emails and discussions we have
had recently. Note that not everything is there, only things that seemed
like they had some consensus. Let me know of additions you would like to
see, or feel free to add them yourself.

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Web+Ser
vices

I am a grouper team member working on web services, fyi. So expect more
communications about web services in the next few weeks/months.

I will be building a prototype in Axis to do a simple Soap web service
(e.g. simple search for a subject). Then I would like to make a Rest
version of the same logic. Let me know if you have any advice or
concerns.

Kind regards,

Chris

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing