grouper-dev - Grouper UI stem and groups browing is slow

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Grouper UI stem and groups browing is slow

  • From: "Allen Chen" <>
  • To: "" <>, "grouper-dev" <>
  • Subject: Grouper UI stem and groups browing is slow
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 23:10:26 +0800

I found a problem with grouper UI: when access populateManageGroups.do, I
found that the first few time the page loading is very quick, but after a few
times i click the menu Manage Groups or My Memberships, the page loading will
be extremely slow. I calculate the time between populateManageGroupsAction
and the outputing results on the page, which is not satisfying-- lowermost
0.4 secs, and upmost 4.089 secs.
i don't know why the performance bottleneck turns up. Does it has something
done with caching?

I hope someone can tell me why and help me on that issue.
Thanks you in advance!

ps: The phenomenent happens both in Grouper UI 1.2.0 and 1.2.1

And the following is my grouper.ehcache.xml:
<diskStore path="java.io.tmpdir"/>
<defaultCache maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- Access privilege resolving caching -->

<!-- @see CachingAccessResolver#hasPrivilege(...) -->
<cache
name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.privs.CachingAccessResolver.HasPrivilege"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- Naming privilege resolving caching -->

<!-- @see CachingNamingResolver#hasPrivilege(...) -->
<cache
name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.privs.CachingNamingResolver.HasPrivilege"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- Subject resolving caching -->

<!-- @see CachingResolver#find(...) -->
<cache name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.CachingResolver.Find"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- @see CachingResolver#findAll(...) -->
<cache name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.CachingResolver.FindAll"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- @see CachingResolver#findByIdentifier(...) -->
<cache
name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.CachingResolver.FindByIdentifier"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"
overflowToDisk="false"
/>

<!-- @see WheelAccessResolver#isWheelMember(...) -->
<cache
name="edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.privs.WheelAccessResolver.isWheelMember"
maxElementsInMemory="100000"
eternal="true"
timeToIdleSeconds="30"
timeToLiveSeconds="120"